Please note we do not accept cheques as payment for any outstanding balances
Blackthorn Farm Penrhos Feilw Trearddur Bay Anglesey North Wales LL65 2LT 01407 765262
Blackthorn Farm Access Statement
Blackthorn Farm is set in a quiet rural location approx 2.5 miles from the village of Trearddur Bay, which has pubs, shops and a post office and approx 2 miles from the town of Holyhead, where the nearest doctor surgery, vet, chemist and public transport are located. In Holyhead there is a bus and train station and also the ferry terminal which provides links to Dublin. Blackthorn Farm is approached from the lane along a slightly undulating gravelled driveway.
- Blackthorn Farm is not on a bus route.
- There is a taxi service in Holyhead.
- There is a free level gravelled car park on site.
- Luggage can be unloaded at the door to the bed & breakfast and assistance is available if required.
- There is one step into the hallway and reception area.
- The dining room leads off the hallway with no steps and can also be accessed from the large outdoor decking area, which has 3 steps and a ramp.
- There is a ground floor fully accessible family room with an en suite wetroom and its own entrance with a ramp and car parking space. It has level accessto reception, shop and dining room.
- The remaining bedrooms in the bed & breakfast are located on the first and second floors.
- The hallway, stairs and landing areas are light and well lit.
- There isn’t a lift.
- There is a self-catering cottage next to the bed & breakfast, which is all at ground level with one small step at the entrance. It is approached through a courtyard garden with parking next to it. It has one double bedroom and a second bedroom with a twin bunk bed. It also has a small shower room.
- The caravan and camping park is situated on varying levels and there are lights dusk until dawn at every other pitch. Hedgerows divide the park into small discreet sections.
- The pitches are on grass and parking is allowed on the grass beside your caravan or tent.
- One of the toilets and shower block are located near to the reception and are accessible from the car park and the site, with access from a smooth level path. They are illuminated from dusk to dawn.
- The facilities include 2 sinks for dishwashing at standard height and there is a large open shower for rinsing off sand, wet suits etc. with one step to it.
- There is a family shower/bathroom designed for disabled use with a large shower tray, bath, wc and wash hand basin.
- The laundry room and information centre has level access from a concrete path. It has a standard sized washing machine and tumble dryer with an electric slot meter approx 1730mm from the floor. It also has a standard sized sink with drainers, an under counter deep freeze with pull out drawers. an iron and ironing board are available if required.
- The information centre provides details of the doctor, vet, taxi, takeaway food and delivery services, together with tourist information brochures.
- The second toilet and shower blockfacilities are located on the camping field and also have a fully accessible family shower / bathroom with baby changing facilities accessed by a ramp.
- There is a first aid station at reception.
- There is good mobile telephone reception.
- Assistance dogs are welcomed.
- The owners live on site and are available to assist whenever possible.